Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Cambridge to hamilton

Cambridge to hamilton 

After packing up my gear and saying goodbye to the nice people who let me stay the last few days it's time to get on the road towards Hamilton. Heading along sh1 the traffic is not to bad (keeping in mind it's the last day of field days so more traffic on the road ) ass I'm riding along though road works - part of the new bypass road around Cambridge ) I spot what might be a off road walk/cycle path getting build (as part of the new bypass ? ) some thing to keep a eye out for next time I'm down this way on the bike :  ) 

Getting into hamilton I stop for a bit of food before heading towards the Hamilton gardens where there is a off road walk/cycle path what I take that links up with the river trails - a much nicer place to ride to get around Hamilton then dealing with the city traffic on the roads. Turning off the river trail by the rowing cub I head back on to city streets into the cbd.After visiting a few shops in the Hamilton cbd  I head back on to the river trail riding it all the way out to pukete where I head along a few more off road paths to a friends bike shop (Cyclepro) to pick up a new tire as my front tire has just about wore out ( after around 12000 + km of use ) 

After saying goodbye to my friend from the bike shop I do a bit of food shopping ( and put some air in my tires ? ) before looking at the map to deside where to ride to next and where I might end up for the night - I deside to head out Gordonton way and take a few back roads to meet up with the hauraki rail trail to Thames  ( some where along the trail ) just before dark I find a ok place to put my tent out of site of passing traffic for the night 

No comments: