Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Some where to auckland

Some where to auckland 

More ice on my tent this morning :  ) 

Time to get back to riding  on sh2   - as I'm riding along I keep seeing signs saying 90 and safer speed zone ( or some thing like that ) lots of trucks on this road at one place as I'm riding over a road bridge I think to myself this looks like a place I been to in the last year or so - yep it's part of the Ta ( te Araroa trail ) walk - just before I had the many km of walking along stop banks to huntly on my ta walk :  )

After more km of riding I get to the point where sh2 joins on to sh1  - now what should be a ok way to get to pukekohe by Bombay hills is a pain as instead of crossing over the top of the express way then straight on the the express way ( what's not too bad riding as there's a ok shoulder to ride on ( better then many other roads in and out of city's in nz - the no entry signs to foot and bike traffic mean I have to go on the the southern side of the express way down a long hill for a few km (ie heading south when I want to head north ) cross over a over bridge into pokeno then find my way back on to the express way (the northern side ) as I work out just where I can /can't ride  back up the long hill I just came down - even then the fun is not over as I have to take a loop way on a poorly /not maintained walking/cycle path just to avoid maybe 200 m of express way  ( not that it looks much different then any other over bridge part of the road ) looks like just another part of poorly done road/cycle way done by someone who never have to use it  


Then it's time to head up the Bombay hills where I take it slowly in low gear ( as I don't want to push myself to much ) it's not a to bad climb up to the Bombay exit ( where I have to turn off as the express way becomes the auckland motor  way ( ie no walking or riding on the motorway)  after stoping for a break at the Bombay shops? I head mostly down hill toward pukekohe 

Once I get into pukekohe I head to the library to kill a bit of time and change up my cellphone before heading to the train station to get the train into Auckland having to change trains at penrose to get the train to onehunga- the plan being to stay the night at a camping ground in one of the auckland regional parks what I have done before ( like for one of the nights as I passed though auckland on my ta walk ) well that plan went out the window is when I called up to book to stay the night I found out that they close the camping ground over winter (to October? ) was told it's because cars and moter homes tend to cut up the ground when the ground is wet  - the fact that I was on a bike and staying in a tent don't help as was told the website booking, thing says the camp site is full ( even though its closed? For winter) - it would seem that "some body " thinks no one sleeps in tents or gets around by foot or bike when staying at the Auckland regional park camping sites  - 

Time for a new plan 

What happens is I do a post on Facebook  sayings what going on and asking if anyone knows of a place for me to put  my tent for the night - backpacks are out because of id issues  ( in that I don't have any I'd because of the name /gender change suff ) and the nearest camping ground is miles away ( and is out of my budget(at around $30-40 for a tent site person per night) a friend from the horse events lets me know of someone I can stay with for the night ( a big thank you to them)  so I head over to there to stay the night :  ) 

No comments: