Friday, July 17, 2015

The treehouse backpacks to rawene

The treehouse backpacks to rawene 

Late start to the day as I slowly packed up my gear and said good bye the the great people who own the treehouse backpacks ( the website for the treehouse backpacks is www.treehouse.co.nz ) then it's a 2 km ride to get the ferry to rawene 
After getting off the ferry I head to the shop for a bit of lunch as I look at the map to get ideas of which roads to take next - there's at less 4 different roads I can take to head south from here  

Then it's on the bike - as I'm riding along I noticed there a few issues with the handing of the bike so I deside to stop a look the bike over ( and give it a bit more of a clean where the rain missed a few places : ) 

After spending some time working on the bike I look at the time and decided to stay the night in rawene at a camping ground partly so I can give the bike a full going over as I find a few things that need work like the head set and where the bike folds ( I ride a bike friday that is a folding bike and can be put in the bike trailer what is a suitcase with a frame work with a towbar and 12" wheels that also come off and pack up in the case ) as I look over the bike I see the the rear tire is coming apart so it gets replaced with one of spare tires that I have with me  after I get the bike back together I cook up some dinner in the kitchen as I charge up my phone then after dinner I spend time working on getting my travel notes up to date :  ) 

No comments: