Friday, July 17, 2015

Paihia to kerikeri

Paihia to kerikeri 

A bit of a late start to the days riding as I spent some time in town posting a box of things to my mum and looking in a few shops before heading past the treaty grounds and golf  course on to a gravel road - a few km before the start of the track to kerikeri I stop to let a group  of people walking pass - as there do I ask one where they came from  - yep they came on the Ta track and tell me it's open - a few km latter just as I'm starting the track a big logging truck ( with logs on board) drivers up as asking me where I'm going - I say the Ta trail - turns out that some of the trees are being cut down so some parts of the forest is close but the parts where the Ta trail run through are still open so once  the  truck has gone past I get to riding the trail ( a walking/cycle trail ) stoping at a few places for photos and keeping a eye out for the Ta markers so I don't get lost by going the wrong way:  ) 

After a few hours of riding ( and at one point having stop riding to lift the bike then the trailer over a locked gate that lead back out of the forest ) I get in to the town of kerikeri- it's a place that I have spent some time in before ( last time was on the Ta walk ( when I had to hunt down some new boots) so I has a short look around town before heading to the camp ground for the night ($18 per person per night for a tent site ) after setting up camp I decided to take my back hub apart to see why it was making a sound that it should not be - the cones was a bit lose and will need replacing soon  - I have the tools and then know how to fix most things on the bike ( partly because over the years or riding I have had to fix things on the bike - some times in the middle of nowhere far from any bike shop : ) then latter on had a phone call from my brother ( who I have not talk with in a few years - so I told him what I been up to  lately and found out what he is doing now and I hopefully cleared up  a few misunderstanding  - my mum did tell him about the name / gender change I'm doing and the TV suff though there may of been a few crossed wires  in there somewhere) then it's time for bed for me after I get back to my tent 

No comments: