Friday, July 17, 2015

Some where to some where down 90 mile beach

Some where to some where down 90 mile beach

After a bit of a sleep in as I have to wait for the tide I pack up my gear on to the bike and keep walking the bike toward the beach still walking down the stream to I get to the beach around 10 am 

Onice I'm at the beach I get on and start riding South - finding my way is easy - just keep the sea to the right and the sand dunes to the left. There's a bit of a head wind that with riding on the hard packed sand ( riding below the high tide mark ) keeps my speed down to around 10-12 km/h 

In many ways with riding down a beach like 90 mile beach not much changes - at some point in time I pass bluff ( the one on 90 mile beach not the one down the South Island: )  after that it's mostly the odd fishermen and a few times a day a tour bus passes by on the way to or from the Cape 

Latter on the day after riding around 40 km my legs are telling me it's time to set up camp for the day as the water getting closer as the tide heads to high tide so I take the bike and trailer into the dunes to start setting up camp for the night - I would of liked to of done a few more km but when your legs and the tide say no more then it's time to stop 

After my tent is set up  I cook some dinner ( yes I do cook from time to time :  ) then spend time looking at the sun setting in to the sea

No comments: