Friday, July 17, 2015

Kaeo to some where

Kaeo to some where

After packing up I get on the road - about a km down the road I have to smile as I pass some ones place I camp at the last time I was up this way - some times I can good at remembering places I have camped over the years .when I did get into the town of kaeo I decided to change over my rear break pads and tighten the front break cable- looks like at some point I will need to replace my break leavers as they have just about wore out ( the barrow adjustment don't work for tightening the cables to help get the play out as the pads ware  any more )  well they are one of the few parts of the bike that have never been replaced in over 60,000+  km of riding over the years - they still safe to use thought  once that's done I'm back on the road taking a break now and then as I head towards mangonui and cable bay - at the shop near cable bay as I'm having a late I go to pick up my leatherman knife and instead cut a long cut into one of my fingers- well on the up side I now know just how sharp that knife is - yep very sharp - so after getting out my first aid kit ( some might call my first aid kit over size but when you in the middle of nowhere and injured your self as much as I do one understands why I have so much first aid suff ) I stop the bleeding then start thinking where the nearest Drs might be  - what turns out to be about 50 m away of all places so I head in there so some one can cheak over the cut ( better to be safe then sorry) - $30 later and some time latter the cut is cleaned and dressed in a waterproof dressing- the fun part was fulling in the paper work as I don't know what's been updated with the name/gender change suff - yep the fun of paper work not the cut has been looked at and dressed it's time to get back on the road 


After riding a few more km I stopped at a few places to get some drinking water - well both the petrol station and the pub could not help ?  Looking at the pub I decided it's not a place to be after dark so I heading out of town for a few km - the first place I ask at was no luck - there was no way I was going to do what that person said ( in a forceful voice) for me to do  -no way was I going to ride back to town and set up camp on the beach ( that would be asking for trouble-as it looked to be a rough town  after dark ) so I did a few more km and tried some where else - that went a lot better as I ended up chating to a much nicer person on a farm -after some thought we did find a safe place for my tent for the night - yes there will always be some not so nice people out there one needs to watch out for but I don't let it get to me as there are so many more people out who are a lot nicer and will help you when they can - in other words don't let the fear stop you from living life 
 

No comments: