Friday, June 12, 2015

Field days



Field days 

A very early start to the day as I'm on the bike before sunrise-just a light load today 2 back panniers  and my Handel bar bag - after a nice 16 km ride I get to where I'm heading for the day - the field days ( it's a big annual farm show/trade event near Hamilton each year ) after getting changed out of my cycling clothes  into street clothes ( a black skit with black leggings underneath ( it is winter after all ) long boots a pink t shirt and blue jacket) and parking up my bike in a safe place I pay the $25 to get in ( most of the time I'm working at events so I get in that way though this time I will get to see more of the event  this year )  as I'm walking around I noticed that I'm seem to be one of the few in a skit as most seem to be in shorts ( they must be tough or have else have cold legs as it's not that warm today ) or jeans ( I don't do jeans - no good on the bike or when it's wet ) - well if people are going to look at me I might as well give then a reason to look (what I'm a girly girl and like skits and dresses) I also did it for a bit of fun as some of my friends who are working at the field days today's don't know about the changes I have been making in my life ( well they soon found out when I saw them :  ) most was great some was being a bit of a pain ( only time will tell if they will still my friends)but I knew that was going to happen so I don't let it worry me 

At one of the trade sites I find a nice dress - as I was looking at it I though about buying it - yep I did end up getting it - life is short -buy the dress ( it's a annah s one for people who know what that means ) 

The field days is so big it takes a bit of planing to see everything on my to see list - I did see just about every thing on my list - with so many people there I mosty got web site info ( so I can look up suff in my own time ) from many of the places on my list as my speech ( dyspraxia  suff ) was causing a few issues when asking questions to the different people at the trade sites 

At one point as I was walking around the event with a friend ( from horse events ) we saw the pm ( John key ) ( and he's minders ) walk pass going the other way ( as he went pass he look me up and down then smiled at me - I did wait to they was well past before having a good luft at that - party as the pm and his minders was dressed in suits and ties so kind of stood out like a sore thumb with every one else wearing jeans or shorts 

It was nice to met up with friends at the event and find out how they been ( and give some a quick update on what I been doing 

Around 5 pm the event closers for the day - thought the fun for the day for me was not over yet as my friend who had nicey offered to pick me and the bike up couldn't get to where  I was with the bike because of the road closures around the event so after picking up my bike I had the fun of working out the best was to ride my bike  for a few km for the first time in a long skit ( as my bike is a folding one with no top tube I did not have the issue of a top tube to deal with :  ) and long boots  ( as I had no ware to change back into my  cycling gear)  pass long lines of cars leaving the event  - it went ok I did get some funny looks along the way : ) and had a car neary run off the road in surprise as I went past  .after getting to my friends car I put the bike in the back of the car and went back to my friends places stoping at the supermarket ( where I saw some of my friends doing some restocking for the next day - they have a food trade site at the event  ) after back to my friends place at was time to pack up my gear and get dropped off at a new friends place ( where I ending up sleeping in to around lunchtime the next day - going to large events tends to take a lot out of me mentally so I some times need a lot of sleep and rest to make up for it 



My nice new dress : ) 



No comments: