Friday, July 17, 2015

Woodhill sands to some where

Woodhill sands to some where 

After packing up my gear I stay a few hours to watch the event ( not a horse event ) as all theses people turn up in nice clean clothes ( many in fancy dress) only to run 6 or 12 km up and down hills though mud and water and over / under I few things in a fun event so everyone ends up wet and muddy: ) in some ways it reminds me of some days when I was walking the te Araroa trail   After the prize giving I say good bye to my friends and head north though helensville and kaukapakapa ( a place with a lot of k a's in its name then it's time to start on a long steep climb that I work my way up in low gear taking a few breaks along the way before finally getting to the top where I ask at a house ( part of a plant place so road down a long drive way and back up ) if there knew some were safe to put my tent - the nice people there give me the ok to camp in one of they paddocks for the night so after setting up camp it's time for bed for the night 

No comments: