Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Thames to some where

Thames to some where 

After a fun but hard 2 full days it's time to get back on the road - after a bit of a late start to the day I ride back into town stopping at a few shops and getting food to last me to auckland- taking the cycle trail out of town i head about 6 km out of town before turning off the trail to head over the kopu bride on a bike/walk way on the side of the bridge - see a lot of broken glass on the path on the bridge ( some how I don't get a flat tire from all that glass I had to ride over ) once I'm over the. Bridge the riding is flat  as a head across the plans - I mosty keep riding taking the odd rest break from time to time listening to a few podcasts on my phone as I ride 

Taking a rest break at a crossroads I spend a bit of time thinking of which road to take into auckland- more riding along the coast then though clevedon- a nicer though longer way with more hills or take Sh 2 - a shorter but more busy road  - in the end I desider to take the sh2 way as it's been a few years from the last time I went that way ( also it will give me a extra day in Auckland before its time to met up with some people ) 

So taking the left turn that will take me on to sh2 in a few more km down the road  I keep riding until I get to where the road I'm riding on leads on to sh2 - taking a short break I look to see if the is any messages on my phone - I have my phone on airplane mode when riding partly to save the battery- well there is a few messages so I end up playing a bit of phone tag for a bit with a few people before getting back to riding 

I keep riding until it's starts to get late then I ask at a house if they know of some where I may be able to but up a tent for the night - well the pub a few km might let me camp out side so it's back on the bike to I get to the pub where after asking if it's ok - yep no real issues with me setting up my tent for the night  I do set up camp and changing my clothes ( so I'm not in my cycling gear ) before heading into the pub for a nice meal- just before I get tea my I get a phone call about some up coming things planned  in auckland so spend some time working thought a few things ( taking a break to have tea - a sea food basket)  after a few hours it's time for bed so I head back to my tent for the night 

No comments: