Friday, July 17, 2015

Some where to some where else

Some where to some where else 
After heading back up the some what steep drive way I get back on the road with the next few km being mostly down hill as I drop back down to sea level then it's a bit of a up and down ride over short but steep hills ( at the top of many hills around here is a sign saying how steep the hill is (like 10%)  then it's time for the next long steep hill to be climbed over ( called cleaseby hill in one of the bike touring books a use ) it's a bit of a wet and windy day at times. At the top I stop for a few photos and a look around before descending down the other Side of the hill then there's only one last big hill before I get into the town of wellsford  where I spend a few hours out of the weather doing a bit of reading and recharging my phone - my so called smartphone only has a 1-3 day batter life before needing a recharge 

I then head to have some fish and chips at one of the food places in town ( even get free salet for some reason with it ? ) then it's Back on the road this time on S.H.1 north towards the next big city of whangarei ( what is still 2 days away for me ) I keep riding until it's starts to get dark when it's time to find some where to stay the night - It takes a few try's but I do find a safe place near some ones house for the night 

No comments: