Friday, July 17, 2015

Friends place to some where

Friends place to some where
After a late start to the days riding I say good bye the my friends place has head back to sh1 still heading north - with the weather still being wet I stop for a pie to warm up a bit then a few km latter there's a nice down hill back down to sea level and a few km latter I get to the town of kawakawa- it's a small town with a rail way line running down the middle of the main st ( so at times you have to give way to trains  : )  the rail way runs about 5 km out of town ( parts of the old rail line have been tuned into a cycle/walking trail ) 

After a bit of a break in town I head out of town towards the bay of islands- as I pass the ruby grounds ( and the start of part of the cycle trail ) I see a sign with a tent on it so I head in to find out more as it will be dark in about a hour or so - there a lot of people in the club rooms but after chating to some one they give me the ok to put my tent near the goal post for the night so I set up camp there and went to bed for the night with it still raining for much of the night ( hope I don't float  away in the night with all the rain )

No comments: