Sunday, June 8, 2014

Thames to Hamilton 90 km

Thames to Hamilton 90 km
Back on the rail trail I head towards paeroa the trail crosses over a few rivers on foot bridges. At one point heading though a underpass tunnel as it cross's farm land Stoping in at a small shop next to the trail (and road) called the convenient cow - cafe and general store for a pie I take a bit of a break  before heading back on the trail. A few km from paeroa there is a side trail that leads to a historical maritime museum and park - well that's what the sign says any way so I decide to head down the side trail to take a look - taking a short look around the place before heading back on the trail to paeroa where I end up spending a few hours reading a book and charging up my phone and ipad - all so the gps tracker . Getting some photos of the bike in front of the large L&P bottle I leave town by road so I can avoid a big loop of rail trail I get back on the trail a few km out of town where the trail crosses the road. Riding along the trail the wind starts to pick up - yep it's a head wind so it's going to be a long day on the bike at te aura ? The trail ends so its time to head back to riding on the road. Riding to m the road is mostly flat with just a few rolling hills as I come into town - stoping for some food before heading back on the road towards Hamilton there's more rolling hills to head over passing though a place called Eureka ( odd name for a town in nz) before I get to the place I turn off the some what busy road on to a back road - had to play with the phone a few times to get the right way to go as the phone mapping apps keyed wanting me to back track for some reason? Riding some back roads to my friends place where I spend 2 rest. Days - had to spend 2 days as I did 40 km riding around Hamilton doing things on my todo list like heading for the bike shop also went and saw the people at the THINK office ( the people I'm doing this end to end bike ride for. So I needed a rest day to recover from my rest day ( as crazy as that may seem - it tends to happen when I have a long todo list to get done some where )




















No comments: