Sunday, June 8, 2014

Some where to Taupo 65 km

Some where to Taupo 65 km
Getting on the road the weather forecast is for rain so I wear my warm cycling gear - the day starts out dry with a few hills to climb then its time for a long down hill down to the dam then it's time for some more climbing. Part of the way up the hill it's starts to rain - I decide to hold off on putting on my rain gear until I could decide if the rain would stop or not- it keeps raining so I stop to get on my rain gear on before heading up the hills -around 20 km latter it's time to head down hill .after a fun 10 km of down hill riding I get to w where I stop for a hot chocolate? And a cheek of the ipad for emails as my phone is just about flat it's time to ride the last 9 km into Taupo where I head to a few shops  before heading to the library? For an hour or so - as I'm leaving the library? I start chatting with a cycle tour with a light wight bike packing set up - no panner bags or racks just some frame bags - we end up spending a few hours? Chatting about traveling by bike at one point someone else with a bike comes over and has a chat asking about some places in nz . Around 8 pm? I head to the supermarket for some tea before heading for the free camping place called reds farm just out of town to set up camp for the night






 

No comments: