Sunday, June 8, 2014

Auckland to Clevedon? 80 km

Auckland to Clevedon? 80 km
well the day started with a car ride into down town auckland to get my tent poles replaced before heading back to the place where i stayed the night to pack up my gear and get on the road to some how get though auckland in one pice by using the cycle maps and cycle ways as much as i can -well the cycle maps that i can find that is... riding from whenuapai i head into the city heading for the north western cycle way that runs in places along next to the north western motorway . only getting a little lost a few times before I get on the cycle way. the cycle way takes me to upper queen st where after heading riding slowly down queen st to the water front I head to attude tv to see some friends for a bit then its time to head to a bike shop to find the cycle map to find the best way to get out of the city heading south - most times in the past I have taking the train to papakura or pukekohe to get out of auckland - well as im riding end to end i have to ride thought auckland some how : ) well the first bike shop I tried had no bike maps so I tried the info center at sky city (sky tower) - still no luck at finding the maps so after looking up the maps on the phone (can be hard trying to use the Auckland cycle maps on the phone ) I some how found my way on to the great south road (very busy road with some cycle lanes in places)what is the old none motorway way south out of Auckland. keeping one eye on the phone as i worked out how to get to near manurewa then out of Auckland City on to the road to clevedon getting into clevedon just before dark riding a few more km to a friends place after a long day on the bike having down around 80 km to where i stayed the night 















No comments: