Tuesday, June 10, 2014

My ta to do list

Well I can't seem to get to sleep tonight so I'm working on a to do list for my Te Araroa walk ( well it's better then doing the list in my sleep...  : ) 

My TA to do list 

Pick a group/ cause to help by fundrising along the way - maybe on this trip as I still not sure if I will do it on this trip- partly because so many of the other walkers who do the trail seem to do fundraising along the way as they do they walks 

Set up blog? / Facebook page for my ta walk 

Work on better ways to get the word out about my ta walk ( newspaper / websites - other ways for people to lean about my ta walk ? )

Get trail notes and maps printed out on paper - I think the maps may be A3 size?

Find some where to keep my bike and trailer
Work out to to get my bike and trailer to where it will be stored for when I'm on the walk 

Look into food drops? - how the best way of getting the food on the trail also what food to eat along the way : )

Work out what camera to use on the trail and the best camera bag to hold it ? 

Look into gps - maybe get a better gps as the old one I have has had a hard life - also work out why it's not working right at times ( maybe just the way I set it up ? ) 

Look more into PLB's / spot units - cost is a big part of why I don't have one so far as they are around nz$ 4-500 

Do some test trips to work on some of my bush skills and gear testing - that said I have used and wore out  so much out door gear over the years that I been on the road ( 8 tents,4 sleeping mats , around 5 backpacks ,4 stoves many pares of boots ...) that I could just about work as a gear tester : )

Lean more outdoor first aid - one can never lean to many first aid skills : )

Check over every piece of gear that I will be using on the walk and repare/replace   Any gear that needs it 

Make up a small gear fixing kit to take with me ( like what I use on the bike ) 

Work out how I'm getting up to the start of the track ( at the top of nz ) 

Work out what other e gear ( iPhone , ipad? Kindle?)  and Best way to keep things charged up on the trail ?

This is just a taste of things that need to be done before the start of my walk around the first week of September this year ( 2014 ) 

So many things to do and so little time : ) 

If some one can help me with the things on my todo list or other things to do with me doing the walk - please let me know 

No comments: