Sunday, June 8, 2014

Lyell doc camp site to bar

Lyell doc camp site to bar 
Leaving the camp ground I head towards Inangahua at times getting passed/passing 2 riders on touring bikes - at one point as I get up some good speed going down a hill and freewheeling up the next hill I pass the two riders pedaling up the hill as im still freewheeling. Passing thought the town of Inangahua I see that the shop looks closed and many of the houses are for sale - seems more small towns are going this way as people move/pass away. after Inangahua junction the road heads though the buller gorge in places down to one lane as it passes between rock walls and the river. as im leaving the gorge a big group of motorbike riders rides past - must be a motorbike ride or rally on some where?. Turning off S.H.6 I head for Westport where after getting some food (one gets sick of eating the same food each day - theres not much chouse of food in the shops of small town nz ). After heading into the info enter to find out about camping grounds in town hum $35-40 a night per person per night for a tent site so I decide to head south and see where I end up for the night as im heading back out of town towards S.H.6 I see the 2 riders from earlier in the day - we end up chatting for a bit about the high cost of camping in nz - many camping grounds used to be around $10-15 a night per person for a basic campground and around $25 a night per person for a one like top 10 (high end camp ground ) now many times its $20-40 a night for cheap camp ground - one camp ground up north was charging $65 a night per person for a tent site ( also many camp grounds want you to stay 3 night min ) if I stared in camp grounds all the time i would spend my weekly income on just 3-4 nights of camp fees so i tend to ask farmers if they know some where that I can put my tent for the night. back on S.H.6 I ride until just before the town of Charleston when I see a sign for a bar/food place that has camping for $6 a night so I end up staying there the night talking to some other travels for a bit before it gets dark 






















No comments: