Sunday, June 8, 2014

franz josef to Lake paringa

franz josef to Lake paringa
the weather must be better as the sound of helicopter start early flying people up to the glacier . heading out of town I pass the turn of to the glacier ( I spent a full day off the bike having a walk up to the glacier in 2007 so I keep on riding past the turn off this time ) before the hills start - it's only 23 km between the towns of franz josef and fox but there is some big hills to climb to get to fox (town) in places there is cattle stops on the road (for ice run off? ) the last time i was here back in 2007 it snowed on me as i went over the hills - no snow this time. making good time heading down the hills (yep I do like to go fast on down hill’s ) stoping at fox for a short break then back on the road as its still a long way to some where im  
looking at staying the night (well part of the night at less : ) riding along a fun mix of a few rolling hills and flats i ride over some big one lane bridges (stoping a one to change the card in my camera to the 8 gb card i picked up in wellington _ that card should last me at less to bluff : ) before getting to lake paringa near dark and setting up my tent at the doc camp site 









































No comments: