Sunday, August 26, 2012

waitiki landing to cape reinga and back (day ride) 43 km


waitiki landing to cape reinga and back (day ride) 43 km

after spending a day off the bike I pack up a few things on the bike and head the 20 km or so up to cape reinga (leaving the panniers and trailer back at the camp ground (little point in doing a hilly day ride with all the gear still on the bike . the last time I was up this way back in 2008 the last 20 km of the road north was still gravel - its now tar-seal all the way. working my way over the last of the hills I stop some times to get some photos and look at the view . at the end  of S. H .1 there is a round about and 2 car parking lots (no bike parking thought) and a toilet ( there used to be just a small a small car park and thats it ) after walking the bike down the track to the light house  and getting some photos of me at the light house  I get back on the road heading south this time heading back up the hill to the car park ( the first of many hills to come : ) going a lot faster on the way back ( no photo stops and maybe more down hill?) I get back to the camp in an hour 10 min ( about 2 hours going north)








































No comments: