Sunday, August 12, 2012

paihia to kerikeri 37 km


paihia to kerikeri 37 km

after leaving the camp ground I head in to waitangi going over the little one line bridge that was built in the 1940 ‘s as part of the 100 year celebrations of the signing of the treaty. after locking up the bike and showing my (out of date : ) passbook  to get in to the grounds - if you are a kiwi and show photo id you can get in to the grounds for free - for ever one else its $25 just to get on to the grounds - I have a good look around the grounds and trier house getting some good photos also leaning some more a bout the triter? after a few hours its time to get back on the bike to head back the way I came passing the camp ground on the way out of town .stoping to get some photos of the water in flood then its time to get back on the road heading north (well first west then north : ) riding until I get to the turn off for kerikeri where I stop at a shop to decide if to get some more food - just as i was going to leave some one on a Mt bike rides up beside me - there are on a bike tour from what I can tell  after a bit of an chat I head into town heading for the stone store & kemp house ( 2 of the olds building in nz ) after getting some photos I look on line (on the iphone) for some where to camp for the night as its getting late so after a phone call to make sure they are open (as many places are close over winter) I head off to the place that I picked to stay the night - as Im checking in there is some talk about doing some woofing  so I end up spending the next week or so helping out around the place


















No comments: