Wednesday, August 29, 2012

awanui to kohukohu 85 km


awanui to kohukohu 85 km

getting on the road I head a long S.H.1 until I get in to the town of kaitaia where I stop for a bit to do a few jobs- one of then is to find the bike shop- well after going back and for a few times I find out that the shop is no longer open- one of my other jobs was to pop in to the newspaper to try to get a copy of an story they did on me back in 2008 - well then decide to do a new story on my this time so after a bit of an chat and a photo I ending up as a story in the newspaper a bout a week latter : ) going the back roads to  kohukohu starting with hills until the last 10 km or so passing the odd small town along the way (herekino, broadwood) before riding riding though the town of kohukohu- some where on the days ride I much up my food and water(yep even after 7 years on the road I still some times muck up on things from time to time : ) passing the place where the ferry leaves from I ride the last few km to the treehouse backpacks - a very nice place that I have stayed at a few times over the years) having spent most of the day riding in the rain it was nice to have a hot shower and get into some thing dry

here is a link the the newspaper story

  http://www.northlandage.co.nz/news/inspirational-cyclist-heading-south/1533941/















No comments: