Sunday, August 5, 2012

Te kuiti to Cambridge 80 km


Te kuiti to Cambridge 80 km

saying good bye to my mum I head down the road climbing the first of many hills ( nz is a hilly place ) once I get on to S.H.3 I head north though the town of Otorohanga then on to the town of Kihikihi where I stop for a break at a bakery to get some food before heading off S.H.3 on to the back road to Cambridge the road is a nice mix of flats with the odd hill now and then. 

Just before I would of gotten to Cambridge I decide to head down a differ road to have a look at the Cambridge - karapiro walk/bike path - it tunes out that it runs 98% of the time beside the road - on the up side there is a fair amount of people using it for walking and riding they bikes with a nice mix of ages. after getting to the karapiro end of the track I get some photos of the dam before heading  back the way I came along the track . getting to the Cambridge end of the track I head over the high level bride then its time to get some food as I ran out of food about 20 km back before heading to a friends place for the night 






No comments: