Tuesday, August 28, 2012

waitiki landing to awasui 83 km


waitiki landing  to awasui 83 km

after packing up and saying good bye to the people at the camp ground that I had been staying at for the last few days I head south riding along the road I came north on (S.H.1)the weather is over cast so it's not as hot as it was on the way up riding over the hills ( if one wants to the can ride on 90 mile beach so theres not as many hill to climb over- I did that the last 2 times I was up this way -but cheek the tied times and remember to give your bike a good wash in fresh water to wash off the sand and salt of the bike) I find that the hills are a good way to get fit fasts ( though it helps that I have low gears on the bike) working my was from shop to shop as most of the little shops don't have much in the way of food ( that is to say real food and no chips and other junk food is not what I call food as its not good for you) I was going to ride down to  kaitaia but as there don't seem to be any where to camp there I decide to stay that the place that I stayed at on the way north - im doing some washing as I put down what I have been up over the last few days (part of it is to help me remember where I have been and what I have done also so other people can have a read about my some what crazy life and the fun places that I end up at and the fun ( as some say ; ) things I do with my life- some people have said to me that I should do a book - maybe one day I might do a book for now have a read of this blog : )






No comments: