Sunday, August 5, 2012

training ride 19/7/12 55 km


training ride 19/7/12 55 km

windy day with a few hills ie lots of hills : )


time to get a training ride in to day so after a look at the map - yes I do some times do look at maps some times: ) I head down the road towards town to see how far I could get in about a 1 1/2 hours before for turning around ( out and back ride). going down the first hill of the day I pass though some road works at one point seeing that I was doing around 45 km/h I decide to slow down a bit at the speed lint was 30 km/h (oops - yes one can get done for speeding on the bike) part of the way down the hill was a stop sign - the person next to the sign wave me on saying that they were to lazy to get up and change the sign. riding next to a  river  for a few km going over a few of the many one lane bridges around here before starting the climb up the next hill. doing a standing climb for a bit of a change. then its time for a fun down then working my way over small rolling hills with a bit of map work to make sure i was on the right road I get to a water fall just about my turn around time/point so after checking my phone I get some photos of the water fall then its back on the bike heading back the way I came this time in to the wind (now where did this head wind come from?) not that I would let a bit of wind worry me - wind is just more of a work out for me : ) as I get to the place where I I'm staying for a bit I decide to do a few extra km just for the fun of  it : ) so after I get to the end of the road i head over a foot bridge before I turn around to head back to my friends place where I'm staying - so a good 55 km ride for the day













No comments: