Sunday, August 5, 2012

matangi to some where 37 km


matangi to some where 37 km

after packing up my tent and saying good bye to my friends I head in to Hamilton using a fun mix of back roads , main roads and off road bike/walking tracks to get to where I need to in Hamilton - Hamilton is not a fun place to ride ( as I grow up there I can say things like that : ) the last place that was on my to do list was to see frank at cyclepro bike shop - if you are in Hamilton and are looking for a new bike or need parts or work done on your bike come and see frank at cyclepro or give him a call on 07 849 6676 

after saying good bye to frank its time to head north out of Hamilton - over the last few years there has been a lot of road works and new roads leading to some head scriching as a head north on S.H.1 to ngaruawahia  where just on dark (I have good lights on the bike) I head off S.H.1 on to back roads on the other side of the river riding along until I decide to knock on a farmer door to as if there was some where that I could set up my tent 

 well that was the plan to knock on the door as I was going up the drive way of the house that I was going to knock on the door 2 kids was looking out the window at me just before they came out to do what I call the 21 question game : ) where they ask things like where I came from and where I was going next a few mins latter some adult's came out to ask the same things : ) after asking then if there was some where to camp for the night they said it was ok for me to set up behind the shed. as I was setting up camp with the kid’s “helping” with the tent one of the adults asked me if I would like to have tea with then so after i get my camp set up I head inside - having a chat to some of the people at the table ( I'm no good at remembering names of most of the people I met on the road) one of then says that they are going up to Auckland and offers me a lift up there I see yes as getting around Auckland when the trains are not running is not what I call fun  so after I pack up my gear i get a ride all the way to the place in Auckland that I was planing to get to        

No comments: