Tuesday, August 21, 2012

lake taupo ride 2012

well I have gone and done it - no I have not gone mad (thought some might disagree with me on that : ) I just went and enter the lake taupo bike ride 8 lap ride -1280 km of riding up and down hills with maybe the odd flat bit in there some where over 4-5 days(and no I wont be taking my bike trailer or panner bags with me on the taupo ride: ) . riding the 4 lap ride in last years weather has not put me off doing it this year-what don't kill me had better get riding : ) whats a little wind and rain when out on a nice bike ride 

now all I need to do now is start on the rest of my to list starting with getting in some training on the bike - a bike ride from one end of nz the the other end  over the next month or so should be a good starting point as its some between 2000 to 3000 km then I have to turn around at the far end  to get back up the the north island to help out at some horse events (my summer job if you can call it that)

part of the reason that im doing this ride (the lake taupo ride) is to do some fundraising for the catwalk trust - the 2th thing on my to do list after doing the entry for the ride was to set up a fundraising website for the taupo ride  -now that I have done that here is an link to the website - http://www.fundraiseonline.co.nz/damianday2012/

No comments: