Sunday, August 5, 2012

training ride 01/07/2012 62 km


training ride 01/07/2012 62 km

weather looks ok for a ride so after getting my cycling gear together I jump on the bike and head down the drive way  stopping at the road to have a have a think- should I go lift or right this time?
I decide to go  left this time doing a loop ride into town and back (if I had gone right then it would of been an out and back ride to some where). as I pass though north/south patana there is a rain shower - just a light one so I don't worry about a wearing my rain gear and keep riding over the hills passing a few small towns on the way in to the city center (I’m riding my 60 km loop ride that goes in to town and back) 

only stoping a few times before I get to the harbor /city center where I stop to check my phone and get some food before heading though town passing a water fall on the outskirts of town  as there is a head wind on the way back I spend some time riding on the arobars to cut though the wind better. working my way over some of the hills I take it easy on some of the down hills as the road is wet from rain ( there has been showers on and off for most of the day) I do a few standing climbs on some of the up hill just for a change .

 I don't push to hard today as I will be back on the road bike touring from next week onward and I don't want to over do things- when I’m doing winter touring I do around 50-120 km a day about 6 days a week - some times more some times least depending on weather and where the hills are also if there are places off the bike I would like to go and see

it was an ok day on the bike - there is a few new things to add to my list of things to work on when on the bike - now I know about then  I can work on doing those things better on my next rides so that I can be better when I’m out on the bike 

just because I can’t do it today doesn’t mean I can’t do it some day

Thank you to every person who has ever told me I can’t - You are just another reason i will

No comments: