Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Taupo bike ride this year ?

Taupo bike ride this year ?

To do the Taupo bike ride this year or not? I'm not sure if I will  do the Taupo ride this year or not - I'm looking at doing the 640 km 4 lap ride - why that ride and not the 1xor 2x rides - well doing 1x ride is not much of a ride for me ( keeping in mind  some of my training rides I tend to do for fun are 180  km or longer and I tend to do better on the longer rides - I don't race or see how fast I do a ride in-  more I do a long ride as a challenge to myself  (set a goal-do it -move on to the next goal ) - with the 2x (320km) ride it's not much so much of a challenge for me now   As I know I can do a 320 km ride and it's over in around 16 hours or so . ( for the people who don't know I have done the 1x,2x ,4x and 8x rides around Taupo before so I know what they are each like 

on the up side I love to ride my bike and push my self to the limit and beyond when I ride the long rides that I do - to see what I can do on the bike it's also good to met up with some of the others I know from long rides and it's always nice to do something that others keep trying to tell me I can't do  . On the down side it's a lot of work getting ready for doing a long ride even before one puts in all the riding one needs to do in training for the ride -all the planing of what to eat and drink and the many other things that need to be worked out  , finding a support crew to help with the ride , finding the money to pay for things , getting the bike all fixed up and setup for long rides , time to train - finding the time to train and trying to work it around things that other people want me to do ( helping out at the places I'm staying at also helping at events )- having enough time to train- to get as fit as I need to for this ride with out over doing things in the time I have is going to be very hard - do I want to put up my hand and say yes to doing this ride with ever thing else that is happening in my life at this time ? - if I say yes to this ride I want to give it 100% what means other things will need to be cut back on or put on hold until after the ride as I just don't have the energy or time to do everything- in the past I have not done enough training (or to much training ( overtraining) or have tried  to keep other people happy and end up over doing things - if I do enter this years ride I want to do a lot better then some of the other years when things did not go so well ( yes I did finished the ride but some of them could of gone a lot better- I do try to lean from my mistakes thought each time )

No comments: