Saturday, August 8, 2015

Some where to hamilton

Some where to hamilton 
Packing up camp I see there's no ice on the tent this time - unlike the last time I went this way : )  riding along the trail until I get into the town of paeroa where I full up my water bottles  and take some photos of the bike in front of the big L&P bottle before taking a bit of a road ride to skip a bit of a loop that the trail takes then it's back on the cycle trail riding to I get to the town of te aroha where I have a look around town and cheek my phone for any messages as I work out where I'm staying the night. After picking up some food I get back to riding stoping ever 10 km or so for some thing to eat and drink passing through a few small towns and the odd larger one as I head toward hamilton- I'm not so much heading for the city but more near the airport where I have a friend who is letting me stay the night so at one point I start heading around hamilton taking back roads and a walkway/cycle way ( to get a cross a gully between the ends of 2 roads )  just before I Cross over the bridge I stop and give a friend a call - they live near to the bridge but as I don't want to be a pain by popping in as they tend to be busy - I just give then a bit of a wave and chat for a few mins then it's back to riding - across the bridge and down a few more roads keeping a eye on my phone ( what's telling me what roads to take ) to I get to my friends place where it's nice to have a bit of a chach up as we chat for a few hours before heading to bed - I get to sleep in a real bed in a real house tonight: ) 

No comments: