Saturday, August 8, 2015

Just out of wellsford to woodhill sands

Just out of wellsford to woodhill sands 
As I'm packing up one of the people who's place I stayed the night at passing by so we start chatting about different things then it's time to start the days ride- first up heading back up the hill on the gravel road I came down last night - it's a bit of a challenge in places as the back wheel spins out a few times - once I'm on the road I have a bit of rolling hills then a nice down hill before starting the first big hill of the day - it's a slow climb up to the summit ( where there is a rest area and look out ) a few times on the climb I stop for a rest before getting to the top - where there's a sign saying the hill I just came up was around 11% in how steep it was . After a bit of a break at the top I start the down the other side at times getting up to around 50 km/h - from the end of the down hill there road mosty seems to roll over a few hills (short but steep) until it's time for me to start on the 2 big hill of the day that I I get up ok then it's a fun down hill to the town of k where I stop for a pie (to warm back up ) before riding the 12? Km to the town of helensville where I stop to stock up on food for the next few days before riding the last mostly flat roads to woodhill sands that I get to just on dark where I set up camp for the night and head to bed for the night 

No comments: