Saturday, August 8, 2015

Friends place to auckland

Friends place to auckland 

At my friends place I decided to ring up to make sure that the place I was looking at staying at would let me stay - well as it tuns out the Auckland yha won't let me stay the night because of the lack of photo I'd ( after changing my name/gender I can't use my old id so don't have any photo I'd - thought this was not a issuse at one of the other yha places I stayed at a few weeks ago after I told then why I don't have any photo I'd ) so it's time for plan b - that's to say find some where else to stay that don't  need photo I'd for (easy said then done )  - after some thought I end up staying with a warm showers host ( warm showers is a on line set up where touring riders are hosted by other touring riders world wide )  

Onice I'm on the road I head a long a mix of cycle ways and roads ( some busy roads other roads not so busy ) in places on the north western cycle way ? There are detours because of road construction on the motorway (where the cycle way runs next to in places ) so it's handy to have the cycle maps to find what way to go 

Onice I get in to Auckland cbd and ride down queen st I stop at a few shops picking up some glue ( to repare some holes in my panner bags and shoes (also my boots the other boot heel has come apart ) and a few other things like a new front light to replace the one that's powered off the front wheel that stopped working a few days ago - one of the bike shops has a 50% off sale on bike lights so end up getting a $160 light for $80  before heading to see some friends at a place that do a disabled tv show? - getting some what wet as its starts to rain on the way there - at my friends work it's nice to meet up with a few older friends and met some people face to face for the first time who I talked to with over the phone to


From my friends work I take a few roads to I get on to a new cycle way that takes me most of the way to the place I will be staying the night- after I work out which place it was and the person who's place I'm staying at gets home there we have a bit of a chat about life on the road and bike touring and a few other things before I head off to bed for the night 

No comments: