Saturday, August 8, 2015

Friends place to some where

Friends place to some where 
After packing up my gear and saying good bye to my friends I headed down to the train station to cross over the motorway on a foot bridge (and down a set of steps ) riding down a few roads to I got on to great South road  that I mosty rode along - at one of the malls as I come out with shopping-food and a new map I have one of the local community/ auckland council people come up to me and start asking me a lot of questions about my income and what I was doing - then told me to move on as I might of been begging for money or bugging the public? ( I'm more likely to have people come up to me and start chatting to me about my bike and where I'm going /have been in my travels) also was told to move on as the hi-vis safety vest that has the words cycle lake Taupo on it that I wear to help traffic see me was advertising ( is there rules that say what people can wear on the bike or when walking around town )  -  I don't think the bike I ride (what was custom made for me in the usa ) is the type used by people who sleep on the street and beg for money ( like what you see on queen st in Auckland - I'm not sure if to be confused or angry about the way this person treated me - must be a auckland thing as its the first time it's happened to me in over 10 years of travel all over nz 

Back on great South road I keep riding stoping to look at the map from time to time to make sure I'm going where I want to go - at one point I can keep on great South road (a busy 4 lane road ) or I can start heading out of the city so I decide to start heading out of the city and I few km latter I'm riding on a 2 lane road with only a few cars   Passing by in the country- it's much more nicer riding I keep riding to I get to a small town ( at one point passing through a bit of road works so the road is down to one lane so end up having a few cars start coming it me from the other direction (because of the timing of the traffic light ) not so nice but that's life on the road ) at the small town I stop for a ice cream and chat to a few people before its time to get back to riding - I keep riding to its near dark then after asking around a bit I find a place to put my tent for the night next to the sea  :  )

No comments: