Saturday, April 30, 2016

Some where to patea  87 km

Some where to patea  87 km

After packing up camp I'm back on the road today heading for at lest to Hawea  - the first town of the day I pass though is opunake - as it turns out there's a (swim/bike/run)  event on today so I get a few funny looks /comments as I pass though town (including when I pulled out and passed a few of the people on bikes taking part in the event on my fully loaded bike with trailer) 

then it's back out to riding past farm land then a few small towns/places before I get into the  large town  of Hawea gits easy to find the information Center in Hawea as its next to a old water tower (what for a few $ you can climb to the top of for a view over the town and out towards the Mt  - I did a climb on one of my other rides though town in the pass so I don't do it this time)  after visiting the information Center I head to a supermarket to get some food to last me to wanganui

I leave town and head south riding until I get to the town of patea  where I end up staying the night at a Campground ($12.50 a night - with hot showering and a kitchen (where I charge up my phone and other e-suff) 

No comments: