Saturday, April 30, 2016

New Plymouth to some where  63 km

New Plymouth to some where  63 km

The word of the day is rain....

After packing up camp in the rain with it coming down hard enough to start getting my gear in the bike trailer wet  in the Time it takes me to pack (as I found out latter I ended up getting my sleeping bag wet - and wet sleeping bags and not fun) 

After leaving the camp ground I head along the coast pathway into town where I get in a bit of shopping before leaving town - there's a number of short but steep hills in the first 15-20 km of the days riding - the rain (well showers?)  seem to follow me as it wet for most of the days riding

At some point in time I see a car drive pass then stop just up ahead?   I'm think to myself I wonder what they up to?  As I get closer a woman gets out and starts chatting to me including asking me if I seen the Mt?  (well it's hiding today in the rain clouds)  after a bit more chatting she asks if I'm the one who was on TV?  - after a bit of a think I say maybe?  - in this case it was me she saw on TV last year (apparently my voice is what gave it away that it was me see saw on TV?)  - just before they left they offered me a ice cream what I said yes to (even if it was a wet/cold day)  then it's back on the road passing through a few more small towns

Passing the road that leads to a light house I deside on a side trip to visit the light house (I have be there on one of my other rides) - going out to the light house was the easy part it's was coming back along the no exit road in to a head wind that was a issue /pain - after a short stop to look at the light house I head back to the main road then keep riding until I get to a safe place for the night - I ended up going to a farmers house as asked if they knew any where near by that I could put up my tent for the night - I ended up camped on the front lawn for the night - after setting up came I headed off to sleep for the night
 

No comments: