Wednesday, April 27, 2016

A little about me

Hi everyone

A little about me

I'm damiana day - a young woman who likes to ride her bike a lot...

I'm not really sure how to describe my self...

In that I live a bit of a unusual life - I live on the road full time for the 10+ years or so  getting around by bike and on foot also some times by hichching when I need /want to get some where faster then I can by bike or on foot and I  live out of a tent year round (even in winter) I don't have a job  because of how my disabilitys affect my life with my main disabilitys being dyspraxia and 7 head injuries as well as a few other things including having my legs radony stop working for between 1-8 hours (thought it never happens when I'm riding on my bike) and not having body awareness (knowing where ones body is in 3d space with out looking) so i cant drive and have to use Mt bike clip less peddles on the bike to keep my feet on peddles as well as riding a custom made bike -

 the main bike I ride is a bike friday pocket larma - it's a 20" wheel folding touring bike that was custom made for me in the USA (it came in the post as it fits in to airline size suitcase - the case can also be set up to be used as a bike trailer) I have done around 60,000 km on this bike from when I got it back in 2008 (the bike was funded by people in the horse world fundraising for me after I had my last bike go walk about at a horse event)   most years I spend much of my time helping at different horse events around nz - around 10 shows a year for around the last 12? Years

Some thing that I will mention is that I am transgender - around a year ago I started transition from male to female  and now live full time as female - (some might of seen the story on TV that was on me last year) I used to be called damian day - that's the name that I used to use (my paperwork is still a bit of a mess with some things under my old name /gender and other suff under my new name /gender)  - so I would prefer that people please use my new name and gender and not to use my old name /gender

Any way that's a little about me and now it's time to get ready for the day's ride : )

No comments: