Saturday, April 30, 2016

Mount Lee's reserve to Levin 60 km

Mount Lee's reserve to Levin 60 km

Well I'm not really sure what to put down for this day...

The day started well as I headed back on to the main road then on to Sanson (where I stop for a bit of food) the road is mostly flat?  As I pass though farmland passing a few places I remember riding to on training rides (from when I Spent time in Palmerston North and was training for at lest one of my taupo fun rides some years ago) before I get into the town of foxton where after looking at a replica of a early steam train engine I get some food and get a photo of the large windmill that in town before heading out of town - as I'm turning on to the main road a vehicle towing a carvan drives slowly past before pulling out with the driver giving me a odd look?  (not a look I seen before?)   a few km?  Out of foxton is a old long narrow bridge over a flood way/ river?  With a cycle path/walk way that by pass's the old Bridge - as I'm heading along the path a older man (who I latter remember was the one towing the carvan) is walking along the path - after careful going around him I stop to take some photos of the old Bridge - as I'm taking the photos the older man starts talking to me who I never seen before (what's a common thing - I have up to 20 people a day chat to me as I ride around nz) but a few minutes in things start getting um werd then nasty - with the things he was saying then I noticed just where he was putting his hands - I'm not sure how to put this great basically had a got to try and rape me - he only stopped when I looked him in the eye and told him to stop or I would break his hand - after I got away from him the rest of the ride to levin (around 20 km) I don't really remember I think I may of been in shock?  - onice I got into levin I went to the police station to report what happened - well in short they did take down my details (I was a complete mess by this point) but the police man basic told me for advice - well it was Victim blaming - I got told I had to to be more careful who I talk to - well after 10 + years on the road and having up to 20 people a day chat to me (and me not being able to read people) with out any real issues I think it would be better to locked up such sick people and though away the key instead of saying I needed to be more careful who I talk to (also much of the time the victim knows the person that attacked them from what I heard) any how as I was no longer safe to ride I ended up staying at someone's place instead of where I was planning on staying the night (about 15? Km out of town at a free doc camp ground)

No comments: