Monday, July 22, 2013

21/07/2013 whangarei to hukerenui 37 km

21/07/2013 whangarei to hukerenui   37 km

After leving the place that I been staying the last 3 days I head up a short up hill then it was time for a fun down hill into the city stoping to get some food for the next few days before leving the city and starting the long climb of the day seeing a group ? Of other cycles out on a Sunday ride going the other way   

It's a nice sunny day with not much wind  - makes a nice change from the last time I road this road around a year ago - it was a wet and windy day then 

Working my way over some rolling hills I stop for an ice cream ( what's Wong with having a ice cream on a sunny day even on a winters day : ) about 2 km down the road I spot a cafe that's open so I stop in for some food - my bike  touring seems to turning into a cafe and bakery taste testing  tour at times : )

At hukerenui I stop at the museum for a chat to to make sure that the side road that I need to head down is the road coming up next as I think it is  ( yep it is so I'm where I think I am on the map )  turning town the side road the road turns to gravel after a bit of tar seal - beside a few issues with staying where I want to on the road ( camber ?) I get to my friends place where i be staying the night after riding around 37 km for the day  

No comments: