Wednesday, July 17, 2013

12/06/2013 Some where to wood hill sands 30 km ( of cycling)

12/06/2013 Some where to wood hill sands 30 km ( of cycling)

After having some food I get an early start on the road at 7 :30 am ( well early for me any way : )  heading over a few hills - highway 22 is a very hilly road  I cross the river for the last time in the fog before passing though a small town on the way to pukekohe passing the race track as I head in to town 

Looking up the train time table I see I will just miss the next train to Auckland so after looking a round a few shops I get some food and chat to some people on the phone ( and see what people are up to on face book ) - looks like I just missed the train agine - more time to look around town before heading for the train station Where I find that you need to get a ticket from a ticket thing on the platform ( no more getting one on the train ) so after spending 10 min working out how to get a ticket I get one for the right place ( I hope it be the right ticket anyway : ) once on the train I get asked by some some what unfriendly ticket people for my ticket - it's printed on what looks like a supper market recent - I liked the old way better  

Onice at the main train station As I'm leaving the platform I get ask ( more like demanded ) by more some what unfriendy ticket people for my  ticket before I can leave the platform - it's some where in one of my bags on the bike - well after spending 10 mins looking I find it ( the little scrap of paper ) 

After I get in the lift to get up to ground level I cheek my phone to find the next place I'm heading for in Auckland where I have a chat to friends at attitude pictures for a bit before one of then says that I might be able to get a ride north out of Auckland with then - the main issuers they only have a small car so after some thought I pack up the bike in its case ( what is the bike trailer  most of the time ) and some how fit it all in with the other suff in the car - 4 people my gear and 2 seft? boards in a small city car  getting drop off at a friends place called wood hill sands out at woodhill  - a place that runs horse events - that happens to be an event on over the next 2 days 

No comments: