Sunday, July 14, 2013

Roads that I'm looking at using on my end to end bike ride


 here is the roads that I'm looking at taking north to south on my end to end bike ride -I'm not to sure where I'm staying each night on the ride  as it will depend on how far I ride each day - some where around 50 to 140 km a day and how many rest days I will take ( about one a week or so - maybe more ? )

 


NZ ride roads

North island 

Cape reinga to waitiki landing 22 km      S.H.1

Waitiki landing to awanui           90 km                    S.H.1

 awanui to kerikeri 90 km              S.H.10

Kerikeri to whangarei 95 km.                      S.H.10/ 1

Whangarei to wells ford   82 km                 S.H.1


Wells ford to helensville. 57 km                  S.H.16?

Helensville to Auckland  61 km?                 ?

Auckland to ngatea   113km                         Back roads

Ngatea to morrinsville  80 km.                    back roads /s.h26

Morrinsville to Hamilton  35 km               S.H.26

Hamilton to Taupo 153 km.                        S.H.1

Taupo to turangi    50 km                             s.h.1

Turangi to national park 50 km.             s.h.47

National park to wanganui  123 km.     s.h.4.   Or river road?

Wanganui to Palmerston North  83 km.    s.h.3

Palmerston North to ekatahuna 65 km sh3/sh2 or back roads

Ekatahuna to masterton  40 km       S.h.3

Masterton to Wellington  100 km?   S.h.3/ back roads/ rail trail?

    1389 km for the north island

No comments: