Wednesday, July 17, 2013

17/07/2013 Kaiwaka to whangarei 65 km

17/07/2013 Kaiwaka to whangarei  65 km

After Some what of a cold night I pack up my tent and head out to the main road and up the first hill of the day . After riding around 8? Km I stop at a cafe for some food and end up having a chat to the people there about head injurys and get them to put down the web site for THINK!  As they was looking for more info on head injurys 

After leaving the cafe I start on the hardest climb of the day up big hill- it's slow going as I take care not to get hit by the passing trucks and cars - at one point I almost come off on some black ice  ( also happend the first time I climbed this hill )but some how I keep the bike upright stoping a few time where it's safe to before I get up to the top of the hill before its time to enjoy the down hill where I get up to 50+km /h  at times ( I could go faster but then I would have to slow down for the car and trucks also I like to keep to a safe speed )

I might end up taking the coast road on the way back south as it may be more safer ? Will need to look into this some more

At the end of the down hill  the road flattens out as it runs near the coast? As I get closer to w I stop at a cafe for a drink to warm me up as its some what cold out side still 

About 25 km ? From whangarei my legs seem to be not working right so a stop at a shop for some power aid ? Gets things working some what better - I seem to of muck up my eating on the bike agine  so it's going to be a long day 

Working my way over rolling hills some harder then others I get into town just as the info centre is closing for the day - back o n the road working my way slowy up the last hill thinking that many  people who drive don't seen to know how far some where is when you are on a bike riding up a long hill ( they said its not far just up the hill a bit )

At last I get to where I'm heading for where I be staying the night 

No comments: