Sunday, July 14, 2013

10/07/2013 some where to near n? 70 km

10/07/2013 some where to near n? 70 km

Rain in the night

After packing up the tent and a 5 min chat to the people who's place I spend the night at I get on the road riding back roads towards ngaruawahia  Passing the odd shop or hall along the way - the road is one I have been on many times before as I used to ride it back when I lived in Hamilton  onice I get past the point where the road to Hamilton tends? Off I'm now riding on roads the are new to me with a few small hills to ride over before I get into ngaruawahia

After some map work to find the right road I head across the river to keep on back roads heading toworlds Auckland around 10 km down the road I get hit by a cold rain shower with hail?  Getting into Huntly crossing over the river on the footpath as I'm not happy riding on the road lanes of that bridge - picking up some food for the next 2 days as I'm not sure where the next shops will be before heading back across the river this time on a footbridge on the side of the rail bridge 

Doing some map work to work out what roads I need to take to get to the roads i will use to get to p I head out of town next to the big power s? Working my way over a few long hills over the next few hours until just after dark a car stops to see if I'm ok - after a bit of a chat I end up getting a lift back to they place to spend the night where I get to sleep indoors for a change 

No comments: