Monday, July 8, 2013

Back on the road

Back on the road


Well I'm back on the road next week 

as some of you may know I spend most of my time living on the road getting around by bike 

For more about me here  is a link to a story and video that my friends at pathlesspedaled.com did about me 



So where an I heading to next on the bike ?

First I'm heading north from te kuiti where I have been staying with my mum - heading north up to cape reinga stoping in at a few places to see some friends on the way up 

Then once I get up to the cape I'm heading south  down to bluff - I'm doing a end to end ride - I had planed to do this ride last year but because of some issues that i with me and the bike I only got as far as Taupo because of the time spent getting the bike repaired and needing to be back in the north island in time for the Taupo fun ride 

Part of why I'm doing this ride this year is as a fundraiser for THINK http://www.thinknz.org.nz/index.html

Here is a link to my fundraiser page for this ride 

http://www.fundraiseonline.co.nz/damianday2013/

So which way will I be going - well it will be a mix of state highways , back roads and the odd off road bike trail / path - I'm still working on the north island 
Maybe S.H.1 then S.H.3 maybe even some S.H.2 in there some where using back roads when and when I can 

roads for the South Island I'm looking at heading down S.H.6 down the west coast maybe using the rail trail part of the way ( not sure about that yet : )


Why this time of year ? 

It's so I'm back in the north island in time so I can get get ready for this years Taupo ride - around 2 -3 weeks to get up to the cape then around 8? Weeks to do the end to end ride then  maybe 2-3 weeks to get back up to the north island 


The bike is ready ( I just hope the the bike and trailer hold together on the ride ) just need to work on the packing  and  get done the jobs that i need to get done be i leave like working though a large pile of books from the library that I been meaning to read for the last week or so : )

No comments: