Tuesday, April 3, 2012

pines camp to ahuriri river 41 km


pines camp to ahuriri river 41 km

after a bit of an sleep in I get on the road riding along the cycle way beside the road until I get to the now closed info center where the cycle way heads off xc - it's a track around 1.5-2 across going though 3 gates with the track meting back up with the road about 2 km out of the town of twizel after getting some photos around town I head to the info center where there are photos of the canals and dam being made (1950-1980?) having lunch at the town bakery before getting some food for the next few days . the road from twizel to omarame has 2 long starts with the road climbing a bit then dropping a bit to omarame. riding a long until I get to the ahyriri river where there is a doc camp ground - after setting up camp for the night I decide to give my bike a clean - riding from tekapo to twizel I was only on open road for maybe 10% of the 60 odd km the rest of the time I was on the canal roads or on the new cycle way : )    





























No comments: