Sunday, April 1, 2012

some where to edward stream 65 km

some where to edward stream 65 km

packing up camp I hit the road going over a few rolling hill before starting the climb up mt michael - it's a fun easy climb with low gears. at the top there is a cafe called farm barn cafe? that I stop at. as Im going in I spot a bike with touring gear on it( 2 yellow panner bags on it ) In side I have a chat to the owner for a bit before finishing my food & heading down the fun down hill getting up to 62 km/h. 7 km down the road it the town of fairlie where I try the backly before getting back on the road having a quit stop at the bp to full up my water bottles and camble back also end up putting some air in my tires (need to get a new pump as the one I have is ok for fixing flat tires but takes about 200 pumps to get up to 50 psi Ie it tikes a long time my tires with it ) Leaving town I see that musen is open so I decide to have a look around ($5) back on the road I slowly climb up to Burke pass stopping at the town ship for a look at an old chach . working up the last 1 km that happens to be the steepers part of the climb I get up to the top of the pass stopping to get some photos of the monet and the sign then its time to head down the other side of the pass until I get to a rest area called edward stream where Im going to set up camp for the night _ must of had a good tail wind as it's only when I had stop did I notice the strong wind.































No comments: