Sunday, April 8, 2012

timaru to some where 112 km


timaru to some where 112 km

after packing up and getting on the road I ride though the town of timaru and out  in to the counter going though a few small towns riding up a sill hill before having lunch at a road side cafe then back on the road until I get to the town of  ashburton where after seeing signs to the plan's railway and hearing a steam wishle I head over to have a look - there is a stream train there also a good muszen — after spending a few hours looking around and getting photos I get back on the road north only to get a flat on the trailer as i'm leaving town After fixing the flat I keep riding until its gets dark when I put the bike lights on and start looking for some where to camp at one point seeing a sign for a camping ground but they are closed as they have so event on? so its back on the road it one point riding along a 2? km long bridge ( a some what surreal expels in the dark with just the bike lights to see by) some time after I find a rest area to stay at for the night.

No comments: