Friday, April 6, 2012

duntroom to oamaru 60 km


duntroom to oamaru 60 km

packing up my gear I cheek over the bike stoping a flat front tire ( I had a very slow leak for a few weeks. most of the time I would just pump it up even so offing) deciding to fix the flat - it take about 1/2 hour to get the tire off as the tire is under size or the rim is over size so after changing the tube I decide to swap the tire to my spare one what is easy to get on. as I am doing that I see there is some play in the breaks - checking the cable I find there only one strain of the cable still holding .as I have spear cable sits an easy job to change the cables over . after all the bike work is done I full up my water bottles and grab my phone where  it has been charging .saying good bye to some that I had met at Mt. s I get on the road an hour latter then plan I decide to take the back roads to oamarn passing by a few odd shape rooks on the way going over some hills (nice to have a change of senre) passing though a few small towns-as its easty the pub and most of the shops are closed(i only have 2 musley bars to last 40 hilly km) about 3 km out of  oamaru I spot a fish and chip shop thats open so I stop there for some food back on the road I spot a few people on bikes riding down a gravel track (looks like an old rail line that has been pull up) after asking some one where it went I head down it to the end of the trail where I look up where I am on the Iphone heading into town looking for places that are open. after looking around town and the harbor I head to a camping ground for the night

































































No comments: