Wednesday, April 4, 2012

ahuriri river to some where 45 km


ahuriri river to some where 45 km

heading into  the town of omarama I get some food for the road east before heading down the road towards the coast S.H.83 with the road heading mostly down hill beside one longer uphill climb with the road mostly going be side lake benmore . riding until i get to otematata where I turn off S.H.83 onto the road to the benmore dam (loch laird rd ) where I head up river to the base of the dam  where there is an info center where I spend a few hours looking around and having a chat to some people. back on the road I head up the hill to the top of the dam. after getting some photos I head a long the road on the other side of the river (te akatarawa rd) riding along the side of lake aviemore until I get to one on the lake side camp ground near dark where I set up camp for the night and cook some food 











No comments: