Sunday, January 3, 2016

Te Kuiti to pureora camp ground 64? Km

Te Kuiti to pureora camp ground 64? Km

After finishing the last of my packing and saying good bye to my mum (at who's place I been staying at for the last week) i get on the road heading into te kuiti - around 5 km away. Getting into te kuiti my first stop is the supermarket to get food for the next few days then the wherehouse for some battery's - I end up getting a pack of a battery charger and 4 aa rechargeable battery (got sick of buying one use battery's) as well as two battery's for my wireless bike computer also a pack of cable ties (one can never have too many cable ties : )  - saw a ta (te Araroa trail)  walker out side the wherehouse so ended up chating to them for a bit then it's time to head out of town for a 55? Road ride to pureora forest and the start of the timber trail cycle trail - a 84 km cycle trail that uses a mix of old logging roads, old bush tramline, gravel roads and some new trails - heading though farm land up and down some hills - it's a hot day getting up to 35c (that's what the bike computer says - well it's hot enough to melt the tarseal on the road)  at benneydale I stop for a drink at the shop (was going to get a powerade from the little shop but had to backtrack to the café to get a bottle of powerade as there was none in the shop) i got chatting to some people in a car that was parked out side the little store - maybe I should get a t-shirt with a FAQ of the top 5-10 questions I get asked all the time like how many km I ride each day (any where between 5 km to 190 km depending on how I feel  : )  then its back on the road to I get to the turn off to pureora forest and down maraeroa Rd for a few km to the doc camp ground - stopping in at a place for tourists and got chating to another ta walker then it was off to the camping ground to set up camp for the night chating to a few people at the camp ground before heading off to bed for the night

No comments: