Thursday, January 7, 2016

Cambridge camp ground to some where 77 km

Cambridge camp ground to some where 77 km

A late start to the days riding as I deal with working on a few issues with gear/bike suff before leaving the camp ground around 9:45 am  heading into Cambridge riding across the old (100? Year old?) high level bridge and stoping at a bike shop to get the extra inner front brake cable cut (had it in a loop taped to the front panner rack) also went to the post shop to send off 5 kg of extra grar/clothing that I had decided I no longer needed to have with me back to my mums place

  then it was time to leave town along the old main road (there is a new just opened bypass that takes much of the cars and trucks around Cambridge instead of thought it) riding past the cycle center I see there is a min road course set up (for teaching road safety on bikes) next to the velodrome - there's even a café there - I might stop by for a good look some time : )  once I got on the new bypass there is a nice wide shoulder to ride along also in places there are off road bike paths leading on to less used roads.

Onice I get into Hamilton I stop in at a super market for food to get me up to auckland before dropping in at a friends out door shop to say hi then went and got a back up battery for my phone /tablet?  (handy things to have in the middle of nowhere to recharge the phone since there ant any power points in the bush and I just don't have the money for a solar or hub power set up ) also went to a out door/bike  shop for a few things like spare disk brake pads (i have different disk brakes on the front and back as I had upgrade the rear disk brakes a few months ago (just before I broke the derailleur and derailleur hanger so I had the bike not riding - only got the Mt bike back together about a week and 1/2 ago?

 Then it was some nice riding along the river trail out of Hamilton then on to the old main road (i was being to lazy to take back roads) traffic was ok (im well use to traffic) passing through a few small towns including Huntly (where I pick up something for dinner)  at Huntly I crossed over the rail/foot bridge over the river and headed north until it was getting dark so time to knock on a farmers door to ask about near by placings to set up a tent for the night (something that I do much of the time on the road)  well the first few houses had no one home then tried one house and got told to ask across the road where a nice women told me I could set up my little tent any where and showed me where things was before I set up camp for the night : )

No comments: