Thursday, September 6, 2012

some where in Auckland to a pub some where-55 km


some where in Auckland to a pub some where-55 km

after getting camp packed away I head a long some roads passing a shoping center where Iget some food as I come out of the store I note the one of the soles of me she is 90% come off with just the clet holding it on so I just put a cable tie on it (until I can can do a better repeare or get some new bike shoes) once on the road I keep riding until I find a cycleway to ride along beside the sea? and over a bridge ( over the rail line) then is time to do some more map work to find out where to go to get a train out of the city (many of the roads seem to want to take me to the motorway) after stoping at a super size shopping mall for an hour or more i find my way to the train standing where after dealing with getting the bike up then down the 2 small lifts (one up then one down )to get to where the train leaves from (well it was fun in an odd kind of way: ) once I get on the train with the bike (what was fun as the bike tried to fold on me opps I forgot its not a good idea to try to lift the bike that way when its got gear still on it : ) after getting to pukekohe I head in to town to the info center to find out how the best way to head east is - what the did not say any thing about was the road works leaving town -hum no shoulder(because of the road works )busy road with lots of cars and trucks passing very close and the bike trailer still not working to well -so not a happy bike rider. after finding my way to bombay I head down the hill to the turn of to S.H.2 there its rolling hills with more crazy trucks to deal with . as its starting to get dark by now I start asking people if they know some that I might be able to set up a tent for the night - on the 4 try asking at an pub the said that I could camp behind the pub so after spending a few hour chatting to the odd person I head off to bed for the night


































No comments: