Tuesday, September 11, 2012

McLaren Falls Park to Rotorua 75 km



McLaren Falls Park to Rotorua 75 km




a wet and windy day - it's raining as I pack up. the rain stops just as I start heading back to the main road there are doing a lot of road works on the road to the falls back up to the main road so a slow ride up the hill then it's a fun down hill for many of the km back to town (Tauranga) . after stoping for some subway I head into gate pa to met up with a friend for a few hours before doing a few other jobs in town then its time to get on the road to Rotorua  going the shorter but more hilly way - parts of the road have changed from the last time I was on it- it times I had to read the road signs to make sure I was still on the right road. crazy weather on todays ride strong winds and heavy showers also had very cold hale at times so not great weather to be riding in but if I only biked on days weather it might be a long time between rides : ) any way it gives me a good work out when riding in the wind and rain - its tends to help if you have good rain gear- im still working out a better wet weather set up when on the bike the road slowly climbs up to a high point then drops into a gorge with the road making a few sharp turns before climbing up the other side going though a few more tight bends . after the gorge the road pass’s by mostly farm land with the odd bit of bush going mostly down hill passing though a few small towns as it winds it’s way around the lake (lake rotorua) then its mets up with a busier road at a round about - for the last 4-6 km into town there is a walk/cycle path on one side of the road. after I get into town I head to the place that I tend to stay at when I end up in rotorua  (a nice place called Kiwi paka ) riding in the back way as there are road works so I get um a bit lost- well I knew where I was and where the place that I was heading for was I just was unsure which road I needer to go down to get there. after checking in I set up camp then went off for a shower and a swim in the hot pool to warm up as it was very cold riding on the bike at times today



















No comments: